Easily the most common piece of jewelry in the United States is the diamond ring. There are about 60 million married couples in the US, and when you calculate in all of the divorced people who still own their rings, it becomes easy to see that they’re the most popular piece of jewelry in the country. Of course, rings aren’t the only pieces of jewelry with diamonds on them. There are necklaces, bracelets, earrings, and so much more. There are hundreds of millions of pieces of diamond jewelry in the country, and that number is growing every single day. It’s no wonder that diamond appraisers are able to stay so busy.
It’s quite possible that you yourself own a piece of diamond jewelry, and there’s at least a chance that that piece of jewelry was given to you a long time ago. If that’s the case, then you might want to consider having it appraised to determine just how much it’s actually worth. Unfortunately, finding a great diamond appraiser can be difficult, even if you live in a relatively smaller city like Denver. If you find yourself in the Mile High City and you want to know what a piece of diamond jewelry is worth, here are five tips to help you find a great diamond appraiser in Denver.
1. Use Review Sites. The first tip to help you find a great diamond appraiser in Denver is to use the review sites that are online. It only takes a few minutes to find reviews on any appraiser in the city, and you can really learn a lot about them just from what past customers have had to say.
2. Ask Around. It never hurts to ask your friends and family if they have a jewelry appraiser that they already use and love. Often times, you’ll be surprised to learn that someone you know uses a jewelry appraiser on a regular basis. Use your social media accounts to reach out to a larger group of people if need be and see if anyone has any leads for you.
3. Check for Availability. The great Denver diamond appraisal business you find is only great if you can actually get in to see them. Many appraisers keep strange hours, which can make it difficult for potential customers to make an appointment with them. Thus, one of the things that you need to look for in a diamond appraiser is that they have great availability. Call and see if you can make an appointment, and if they’re unwilling or unable to figure out a time quickly, move onto the next company.
4. Check to See If They’re Accurate. Before you hand over your jewelry to an appraiser, try and figure out if their past appraisals have been accurate or not. See if they have any testimonials on their website or read through their reviews again and specifically look for any information on the accuracy of their appraisals.
5. Visit the Actual Store. It might seem crazy in this digital world, but one of the easiest ways to find a great appraiser like Colorado Gem Labs is to visit their store in person. You can learn a lot about an appraiser just by chatting with them for a few minutes and by visiting their physical location.